Wisdom Teeth Removal, Cypress TX
One of the most popular forms of oral surgery is wisdom teeth removal. At Williams Dental Care in Cypress TX, we ensure that the wisdom teeth removal procedure is an easy & painless process. We understand that it is quite commonplace for teens to be apprehensive or even anxious about the procedure. Our goal is to ensure that all of our patients, no matter what age they are leave our dental office feeling proud of their teeth and their dental office experience. With our young patients, we operate with patience, precision, and efficiency to ensure their wisdom teeth removal experience is swift. Whether you are looking for wisdom teeth removal for your teen or for yourself, we guarantee 100% patient satisfaction with every visit.
Is Wisdom Teeth Removal Mandatory?
Wisdom teeth, also called “Third Molars”, are usually the last pair of teeth to develop in the mouth. These four permanent adult teeth form at the very back corners of the mouth on the top and bottom, reaching full development between the ages of 15 and 25. Typically, when wisdom teeth develop, they aren’t allotted the right amount of room to grow into their own space since the other teeth surrounding them are firmly planted in their own space. This causes the wisdom teeth to grow as misaligned teeth. This misalignment is what causes other issues for your teeth. There are four kinds of wisdom-teeth-sparked misalignment issues called Impactions:
- Horizontal Impactions These impactions are the most painful. The molar lies horizontally, within the gum (it does not appear on the surface) and grows towards the root of the molar next to it.
- Mesial Impactions The most common type of impaction is the mesial impaction. The molar rears its head towards the front of the mouth, pushing the molar in front of it towards the front of the mouth as well.
- Distal Impactions This would be the most uncommon form of impaction. Like vertical impactions, they appear fairly capable of shifting back into their own space; growing correctly alongside their other teeth. If they don’t, they end up growing in the opposite direction of the mesial impaction.
- Vertical Impactions Vertical impactions are so subtle they almost never involve wisdom teeth removal. They might appear as if they could grow towards the molar next to it but they have the ability to self-correct. If however, they do not, they are easily extracted.
If your wisdom teeth grow aligned, there is no need for wisdom teeth extraction. Misaligned wisdom teeth, however, can impact your jaw bone structure, damage the nerves in your gums, and leave your teeth looking crowded. Because they grow misaligned more commonly than aligned, they are more popularly removed.
Are You Put to Sleep for Wisdom Teeth Removal?
You can be depending on the severity of damage caused by the wisdom teeth. You are given one of two anesthetics:
- Local anesthesia This is injected near the site of the extraction along with a substance for your gums to numb the area. You will be awake and may feel slight pressure or movement in your mouth, but no pain.
- Sedation anesthesia This is injected into your arm through an IV (Intravenous) line along with local anesthesia to numb your gums. If you get sedation anesthesia, you won’t feel any pain and you will have limited memory of the procedure.
Quick & Painless Wisdom Teeth Removal in Cypress
At Williams Dental Care in Cypress, we ensure that our wisdom tooth extraction process is efficient while ensuring our patients are comfortable. If you are experiencing any pain or discomfort on behalf of your wisdom teeth, contact us to inquire about setting up an appointment today.